6.1.11

Mac App Store: The New Hotness

The Mac App Store is now live and in-effect, which means not only do I have to keep up with apps for my iPad and iPhone, but for my Mac as well. The Mac App Store presents with the same type of interface as the previously mentioned two devices, offers free and paid apps just like they do, and allows hassle-free installation and updates just the same as well.

I'm only now taking it for a spin, but I can already tell it's going to play a huge part in my day to day operations from now on. I see great, new applications being offered for great prices such as Camera Bag Desktop for $14.99 and Apple's Own Aperture 3 for a crazy $79.99. What's also nice is that there are iPhone and iPad apps that have been ported to run natively on the Mac such as the immensely-popular Angry Birds and graphic apps like SketchBook Pro.

I'm excited by the possibilities, and look forward to having more developers hop on board the Mac train!

No comments:

Post a Comment